Heirloom Reds Gift Box

Heirloom Reds Gift Box

$100.00
Minimum order of 48

This beautiful gift box includes three signature reds: 

REDWOOD VALLEY “VALDIGUIE”- LOLONIS VINEYARD

This historic Prohibition-era ranch boasts some of the oldest known Vitis vinifera plantings in California. The Valdiguie, a heritage variety also known as Napa Gamay, was planted in 1945. The vines are head-trained and dry-farmed organically on red clay soils strewn with fist-sized rocks. An extreme diurnal shift necessitates longer hang times (and a steady temperament). The vineyard is overseen by the capable Athan Poulos.

2019 MENDOCINO COUNTY “INDICA RED”

From two historic Mendocino County Vineyards--one with 70 yr old dry-farmed carignan (93%) pitched on an exposed rock slope at 2400 feet; the other with 50 yr old Valdigue (7%) organically farmed on clay soils in a cool, upland valley. These rapidly vanishing California grape varieties harken back to the Golden State's earliest winemaking efforts. 

MENDOCINO COUNTY “CARIGNAN”

From a historic Mendocino vineyard pitched on the lofty slopes of Cloverdale’s Pine Mountain. Jim McCutchen boast 70-year old, head-pruned, dry-farmed vines planted on south-facing exposures at 2200-2400 feet. The soil is a mix of hard shale & clay. This rapidly vanishing California grape variety—made in this ‘old-timey’ way—harkens back to the Golden State’s earliest winemaking efforts.

Need Some Help?

Reach out to us and we’ll work with you to curate the perfect gift box for your next occasion.

Close